Tuesday, July 1, 2014

One-Layer Simplicity Challenge #7: Wave the Flag



Welcome to the July One Layer Simplicity Challenge. Canada Day and the American Independence Day both fall in July so I thought I would challenge you to take some inspiration from your own country's flag when making your one layer card. I created two cards, one inspired by the country I am from and the other by the country where I now live. You can take inspiration from the layout, the colours or the symbols and images on your country's flag.
                 

I am looking forward to seeing how many countries will be represented in this month's challenge.


OLS Challenge Rules

l.  A one-layer card is defined as a single layer of cardstock folded in half.  No other layers of paper are allowed.
2.  Make a card inspired by your country's flag. Remember to keep embellishments to a minimum. 
3.  Post your card somewhere on the internet and link it to us using the Inlinkz button below.  If you link to your blog, please link to that specific post and not your blog's home page so we can find it easily.
4.  The most important rule of all is to have fun!



2 comments:

  1. OMG, Heather! Your cards are AMAZING!!!! Love them so much, and what a great challenge! I'm looking forward to playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, I saw the title "Wave The Flag" and almost didn't click through... and when I did, what am I presented with, but the Australian flag! lol! Great cards! I'll have to see what I can do to join in. ;-)

    ReplyDelete