Thursday, July 30, 2015

OLS 18 - Details

By popular request, we've got a new badge for those of you whose cards are (or have been in the past) featured in our Details Posts! 



And now a huge thank you to all who participated in the Sparkle and Shine Challenge. What a great batch of entries! As always, the DT will highlight those details we found particularly inspiring. After all, great CAS cards are all about the little details!

Susan's Details:



Darnell's colorful thank-you card caught my eye with its bold use of texture and baker's twine.



Maarit's card made me look twice to make sure it really, truly was one layer. Her skilled shading and soft use of color add so much dimension and interest to a lovely design.



Susan's father-and-son card made me go "awwww" for its theme, but I'm calling it out for the gorgeous background of sky, the sparkly stars, and the overall balanced composition.

Ardyth's Details:


Anita's whitespace automatically draws our attention to her bright shiny Christmas lights!


Cornelia's graphic use of bold colour and simple shapes gets her message across clearly!


Foley'sFriend's card is simple, elegant and beautiful using very few supplies.


Karen's Details:

OLS18   One Layer Simplicity
 Karen's card is so pretty with the shimmer she added to the wheat shafts.  They sparkle against that lovely blue bkg.


 
 EunjoA's card was just a delight to look at...so sweet.


 
 Michelle created such a fun birthday card that would make anyone's special day happy.

Heather's Details:


Ksenija made her flowers pop with some gilded flakes, an elegant way to add shine.


Kim's embossed trees add shine to her simple and beautifully balance three colour card.


Helen's beautifully blended sky caught my attention straight away; it's the perfect background for her shiny stars.


7 comments:

  1. Thanks Ardyth for choosing my card one of of your faves! You are one of my CAS idols and it sure delights me tremendously to be among your favorite picks :)))))

    Congrats to all the other fabulous showcased cards - such beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Karen, for choosing to highlight my card! :-) Congratulations to all of the featured cardmakers, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Ardyth for the ego-boost! Thank you also for the badge, which I will proudly display on my blog. So many beautiful cards this challenge - congrats all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Susan, for highlighting my card from the last challenge! Congratulations to all the other featured card artists! The whole gallery was fabulous inspiration! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Warm congratulations to all! And thank you so much for the kind words, I'm chuffed!

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to all the shoutout's...beautiful and awesome cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Heather, for highlighting my card in the Details Post. I am so proud to display the badge on my blog. Congratuations to all other featured craft artists too!

    ReplyDelete